Save the date: Tuesday, November 8th
November 8, 2017, is your time to vote. Voting in this election is not only a vote for president; it’s a vote, that will affect every aspect of your life from how your local schools run, health care, local taxes, and homeland security.
When it’s time to vote what resonates in my head and heart is the following:
- Amendment 13: Suppose to abolish slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for a crime.
- Amendment 14: Everyone born in the United States is guaranteed the right and privilege to vote.
- Amendment 15: I’m told I cannot be denied the right to vote based on race, color, or the previous condition of servitude.
- Amendment 19: Gave women the right to vote.
- Amendment 24: Eliminates some, hear me now, some of the Jim Crow laws that are in the 15th
Those five Amendment alone dictates that I vote in every election. Voting is the one job I am mandated to work. As a revolutionary voting is how I make my voice heard so that everyone knows how I think the local, state and national government should operate.
How many of you are registered to vote? How many of you are committed to voting. Who is going to vote? Let’s meet up again on November 8th. to continue our discussion and get a cousin count, I don’t want to know who you voted for I just want to know that you voted!