Add 7-large eggs to the pot. Add at least 3-inch of water over the top of the eggs. Bring to a boil for approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for another 15-minutes. Dump the warm water and add cold water to the pot allow the eggs to cool down for 10-12 minutes, now peel them.
The basic recipe: ¼ cup of mayonnaise, 1 ½ tablespoons sweet pickle relish, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, salt, and pepper to taste. Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. All the recipes below are made with 7 large eggs. Remove yolk, add to the recipes below and fill the whites. Lightly sprinkle smoked paprika on top for decoration.
- BLT: Use basic recipe, fry 4 slices of bacon until crispy. Add tomato slice and crumbled bacon on top of eggs.
- Spicy: Replace the mayonnaise used in the basic recipe with yogurt; replace yellow mustard with spicy mustard, sprinkle paprika on top.
- BBQ: Use the basic recipe reduce the mayonnaise to 1/8 cup, add 2 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Tuna: Use the basic recipe, add 4-ounces white tuna, drained, ½ stalk celery finely chopped, and 1 teaspoon minced white onions.
- Salmon: Use basic recipe add 4-ounces smoked salmon, minced, 1 teaspoon minced red onions.