Deviled eggs are the perfect dish to serve for a potluck, a tailgate party or just because.
Add 7-large eggs to the pot. Add at least 3-inch of water over the top of the eggs. Bring to a boil for approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for another 15-minutes. Now peel them.
The basic recipe: ¼ cup of mayonnaise, 1 ½ tablespoons sweet pickle relish, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, salt, and pepper to taste. Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. All the recipes below are made with 7 large eggs. Remove yolk, add to the recipes below and fill the whites. Remember to always decorate your eggs, we eat with our eyes first.
- BLT: Use basic recipe, add 1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard, fry 4 slices of bacon until crispy, shred 1/4 cup Romaine lettuce and seven thin slices of yellow and red grape tomatoes. Assemble: Fill the white with the egg yellow mixture, lettuce, tomato slice and crumbled bacon on top.
- Spicy: Replace the mayonnaise used in the basic recipe with yogurt; replace yellow mustard with spicy mustard, sprinkle paprika on top..
- BBQ: Use the basic recipe reduce the mayonnaise to 1/8 cup, add 2 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce. Garnish with crispy bacon pieces and fried minced onions
- Tuna: Use the basic recipe, add 4-ounces white tuna, drained, ½ stalk celery finely chopped, and 1 teaspoon minced white onions.
- Salmon: Use basic recipe delete 1/8 cup of mayonnaise, add 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened, 3 tablespoons sour cream, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, add 4-ounces smoked salmon, minced, 1 teaspoon minced red onions, 1 teaspoon capers, chopped, garnish with chopped green onions and salmon roe.