What’s better than deviled eggs? Nothing is better than deviled eggs! Deviled eggs pair well with just about everything and anything.
Add 7-large eggs to the pot. Add at least 3-inch of water over the top of the eggs. Bring to a boil for approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for another 15-minutes. Now peel them.
The basic recipe: 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, 1/2 tablespoon dill pickle relish, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, salt, and pepper to taste. Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. All the recipes below are made with 7 large eggs. Remove yolks, add to the methods below and fill the whites.
- BLT: Use basic recipe, add 1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard, fry 4 slices of bacon until crispy, shred 1/4 cup Romaine lettuce and seven thin slices of yellow and red grape tomatoes. Assemble: Fill the white with the egg yellow mixture, lettuce, tomato slice and crumbled bacon on top.
- Spicy: Replace the mayonnaise used in the basic recipe with yogurt; replace yellow mustard with spicy mustard, sprinkle paprika on top.
- BBQ: Use the basic recipe reduce the mayonnaise to 1/8 cup, add 2 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce. Garnish with crispy bacon pieces and fried minced onions
- Tuna: Use the basic recipe, add 4-ounces white tuna, drained, 1/2 stalk celery finely chopped, and 1 teaspoon diced white onions. Garnish with grated Granny Smith apples.
- Salmon: Use basic recipe delete 1/8 cup of mayonnaise, add 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened, 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, add 4-ounces smoked salmon, minced, 1 teaspoon minced red onions, 1 teaspoon capers, chopped, garnish with chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, and salmon roe.
One Comment Add yours
I agree. Ain’t nothing better than deviled eggs.