I don’t usually post on Sunday, I am compelled to post today Palm Sunday. Let’s get ready, with everything that is going on now in our world let’s pray for our leaders. The heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord, be obedient; this means to pray for our leader. (Proverbs 21:1) According to Romans 13:1-14. I am subject to the governing authority, and God has authorized this leader.
Eggs are a symbol of fertility, resurrection, and eternal life. Today I am making deviled eggs.
Add 7-large eggs to the pot. Add at least 3-inch of water over the top of the eggs. Bring to a boil for approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for another 15-minutes. Now peel them.
The basic recipe: ¼ cup of mayonnaise, 1 ½ tablespoon sweet pickle relish, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, salt, and pepper to taste. Cut hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. All the recipes below are made with 7 large eggs. Remove yolk, add to the recipes below, and fill the whites. Remember to always decorate your eggs, we eat with our eyes first.
- BLT: Use basic recipe, add 1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard, fry 4 slices of bacon until crispy, shred 1/4 cup Romaine lettuce, and seven thin slices of yellow and red grape tomatoes. Assemble: Fill the white with the yellow egg mixture, lettuce, tomato slice, and crumbled bacon on top.
- Spicy: Replace the mayonnaise used in the basic recipe with yogurt; replace yellow mustard with spicy mustard, sprinkle paprika on top.
- BBQ: Use the basic recipe reduce the mayonnaise to 1/8 cup, add 2 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce. Garnish with crispy bacon pieces and fried minced onions
- Tuna: Use the basic recipe, add 4-ounces white tuna, drained, ½ stalk celery finely chopped, and 1 teaspoon minced white onions.
- Salmon: Use basic recipe delete 1/8 cup of mayonnaise, add 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened, 3 tablespoons sour cream, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, add 4-ounces smoked salmon, minced, 1 teaspoon minced red onions, 1 teaspoon capers, chopped, garnish with chopped green onions and salmon roe.
2 Comments Add yours
Some great new ideas for deviled eggs. Thanks!
Let me know when you make some